Cranberry and Apple Muesli
Serves 2 @ 4 points a serve
200g skim-milk yogurt
60g rolled oats
80ml unsweetened apple juice
1 small green apple, chopped in small bits(could be grated coarsely)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
sprinkle of cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in serving bowls, cover, refridgerate overnight.
Lunch: Curried egg sandwiches minus the high fat mayo. This is a higher point lunch than I often have however with all the extra exercise I am needing more, and I am still loosing weight.
Curried Egg Sandwiches
Serves 2 @ 5 points
2 hardboiled eggs
1 tbsp low-fat ricotta cheese
2 tablsp low-fat cottage cheese
curry powder to taste
4 slices of soy and linseed bread
1. Place egg, curry powder and cheeses in bowl and mash.
2. Divide egg mixture between two slices of bread, top with spinach leaves top with remaining bread.
Dinner: This was so good everyone cleaned up their whole plate and have asked for it again! The salad dressing definately has a zing!
Hoisin pork with spinach leave salad
Serves 2(adapt quanties if cooking for more) @ 4 points
250g pork fillet
2 tablsp hoisin sauce
350 g spinach leaves
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
1 small green apple, sliced thinly
1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
2 tablesp lime juice
1 tablesp light soy sauce
2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
1 small red thai chilli, chopped finely
1. Spread pork with hoisin sauce. Spray frying pan or BBQ plate with cooking oil. Cook pork. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
2. Combine spincah leaves, mint, apple and onion in bowl.
3. Combine juice, soy sauce, ginger and chilli in small jug. Add to salad and toss to combine.
4. Serve salad and top with pork.