Sunday, December 5, 2010

A taste of the Tropics

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
A delicious tropical meal perfect during the festive season and our wonderful summer
Salmon Kebabs with Mango and avocado salad with sweet chilli dressing
Meal is 9PP
I purchased the Salmon Kebabs with roasted peppers and garlic from Woolworths @ 6 PP per serve that my husband cooked on the barbie while I whipped up this delicious salad from Dec Weight Watchers Magazine.
The salads in this issue are delicious.
Salad is 3PP and serves 6
1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbs lime juice
100 g baby lettuce leaves (I used baby spinach)
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons. (I diced it).
1 small avocado, coarsely chopped
1 small mango, thinly sliced
2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/3 cup toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

1. To make the sweet chilli dressing, combine the chilli sauce with the lime juice in a small bowl.
2. Arrange the lettuce, cucumber, avocado, mango, coriander and nuts on a large platter, then drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately.

Salad can also be turned into a main meal by adding 500g peeled, cooked prawns @ 4PP for meal or 300g cooked and shredded, skinless chicken @ 11PP for meal.

This salad was really delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment