Sunday, January 3, 2010

Fresh start

I started today with an hour swimming laps in our pool as even at 5.00am it was very sticky temperature wise. I'll do my walk tonight. I love to shake things up every now again, it stops me from getting bored both with food and exercise.
After my swim I had another favourite breakfast, which I enjoyed out on the deck by the pool.


Banana and Peach smoothie, toasted crumpet and honey
4 points Serves 1
1 small banana (100g) *
small peach
1/2 cup skim milk
100g yoplait for me yogurt
1 wholemeal crumpet
drizzle of honey
1. Blend the banana, peach, milk and yougurt until smooth.
2.Toast the crumpet and lightly dirizzle honey.
3.Serve immediately and enjoy!

Note: The peach can be swapped with 1/2 cup raspberries, strawberries or a kiwifruit.
Vary the flavour of yogurt.
*I freeze my peeled bananas so smoothie is nice and icy. This is great as you never waste overripe bananas.

2 comments:

  1. Do you find that breakfast filling? It looks yummy but I'd worry it wasn't enough in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I usually have breakfast at 6.30 and then lunch at 11.00 and find it does stay with me. My teenage sons just have the smoothie as they find it fills them. Try it and see how your body responds.It is a delicious,nutritious and easy way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete