Monday, January 25, 2010

Light lunch

As we are celebrating Aussie Day tonight at a BBQ I wanted to go light on lunch points and thought I'ld try the dip featured in the handout from this weeks WW meeting. Combined with 1 point for the Sakatas and zero points for veg, the 1 point I allowed for dip made a yummy picky lunch, that would make a great snack for afternoon tea or at a BBQ.

Beetroot dip
450g baby beetroot, drain can
1/3cup sour cream
2tsp horseradish cream
2tbs fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped

1. Place beetroot, sour cream and horseradish cream in food processor.
2. Process until smooth.
3. Stir in coriander. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.


Rain continues to bucket down so I have been unable to get outside for my walk. Luckily I have a treadmill that has been my lifesaver throughout my weight loss journey. On really hot days, wet days or days when I have to exercise really early or late to fit it in, it works out great. I find it easier to run on the treadmill then outside on the path, however nothing beats getting out in fresh air. I walked/ran  6.35km and burned 400calories in an hour.
I treated myself to a Lorna Jane tshirt yesterday morning to motivate me towards the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment